Pickled Ginger or Gari
Usually piled next to the wasabi pickled ginger is used to clean the palate between bites.
- veggie peeler
- 1 lb organic ginger root larger pieces work way better
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1 cup Sweet Rice Vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- peal the ginger removing all of the skin1 lb organic ginger root
- use the peeler to shave off slices of ginger and build into a pile1 lb organic ginger root
- pour a generous amount of salt over the pile and mix in well. set aside for 15 minutes1/2 cup salt
- bring pot of water to a boil and boil ginger for 10 minutes. strain and rinse of salty water.
- pour vinegar, water and sugar over ginger. put into a sealed container and refrigerate. Will be ready in 30 minutes.1 cup Sweet Rice Vinegar, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 cup water